The Pitt News
- Coverage and context of a student organized banner drop on the Smithfield Bridge in Downtown Pittsburgh to protest the construction of an ethanol plant being built in Beaver county.
- Coverage of a alternative pride parade organized by a trans activist group in Pittsburgh protesting the corporate alliance between Pittsburgh’s Pride and pro-fossil fuel corporations.
- I worked with a team of writiers to compose this article about Trump’s visit to the Tree of Life synagogue in Squirrel Hill days after the tragic mass shooting.
- Coverage of the Grad Student Union town hall where teachers and community organizers expressed their feelings and concerns about the formation of a teacher’s union at Pitt.
- Coverage of a ribbon cutting held at the newly built Community Engagement Center that opened in North Homewood.
- Coverage of a community protest organized by the Pittsburgh DSA against Brett Kavanaugh’s induction into the U.S. Supreme Court
- My review of the Pittsburgh Public Theater’s production of Hamlet. This was the the first article I wrote for TPN as part of their ‘training period’ for new employees.
- I had the pleasure of writing this longer piece for the Culture desk, reviewing the event, while breaking down Lawrenceville’s history and its current place in Pittsburgh as a hub of art and commerce.
- Event coverage of Duolingo documentary following the struggle for refugees to bridge the language gamp after migrating to new countries.
- Review of feminist art exhibit I’M NOT WITH HIM in Downtown Pittsburgh, featuring interviews with artist Jenna Houston and curator Christina Lee.
- Coverage of the Andy Warhol Museum’s visitor’s tour on gay history of Warhol’s personal life and how it informs interpretations of his art.
- A light-hearted piece about the popular Squirrels of Pitt Instagram page.
- I interviewed Democratic Representative Summer Lee and community organizers on their opinions on Pittsburgh’s air quality.
- I interviewed journalist Bob Woodward on his exerpience as a news reporter and his views on where journalism is headed.
- I spoke with members of the Squirrel Hill community following the Tree of Life synagogue massacre about their experiences with the tragedy.
- I gathered prices of groceries frm various super markets and convenience stores on and around the University of Pittsburgh’s campus, as well as interviewed Abdou Cole, resident district manager of the Pitt Dining Services, on why prices at Forbes Street Market are so high.
Photo / Video Work: